Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Action Research Plan

Action Planning Template
Goal: The goal of this action research project is to figure out which way of communication with our parents is the most effective.

Question: What policies and procedures are in place at IDEA Quest that facilitates communication from school to home, and which is the most effective?
Action Steps(s):
Person(s) Responsible:
Timeline: Start/End
Needed Resources
Evaluation
1. I will survey teachers on my campus to get feedback on what they feel worked best for them.







Dianne Rodriguez


August 12th/August August 16th
Survey- either online on paper.
Teacher Feedback

2. I will survey my 7th grade parents on Meet the Teacher night on what way of communication is the most effective for them.






Dianne Rodriguez, 7th grade team members
August 23rd
Survey
Parent Feedback

3. I will gather info and use the top 3 that I will keep track of throughout the year.






Dianne Rodriguez
September 2013 through May 2014
Collect information and put into an excel spreadsheet.
Teacher /Parent Feedback

4. I will share my findings with my team teachers and administrators, so the most effective way of communication can be utilized from this point forward.







Dianne Rodriguez
May 2014
Document all findings and share with staff.
Team Teachers and Administrator Feedback

6 comments:

  1. Dianne good topic, however are you sure your will compile enough data to support your findings? Can you tie in a student piece? Survey students to see which way they feel is the best way to get in contact with their parents? Is is possible to broaden your sample to another campus? Those are just suggestions even still it is well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carson for your input! I really like the student direction! :) I will find a way to add that piece in!

      Delete
  2. Your timeline looks good so far, you will need to add some more detail, when will you collect your data and if you will be implementing any strategies to help facilitate the use of IDEA Quest by parents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina for your input on the added detail! I felt that I still needed some more. I will be collecting data in the beginning through Meet the Teacher night, and throughout the school year using the different techniques to see which one has the most effective parent feedback.

      Delete
  3. Great topic, communication is very important. I would like to suggest maybe creating a parent log so teachers can really see how many times they have contact with parents. I would also suggest to share with all staff at Quest and maybe branch out to other IDEA schools. You are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parent log is a great idea! Thanks for you input Amanda! :)

      Delete