Thursday, July 25, 2013

Week 2 Thoughts


Week two was a bit lengthy and dragged some, but I will focus on the positive of my week.  I am very fortunate to have a site supervisor that supports me as a person, and also is very excited that I am pursuing my Masters in Administration, because he would like me in an instructional coaching position very soon. 
I was fortunate to meet with not just my principal, but also my two assistant principals during this discussion time/meeting. It was a great advantage for me to listen to them bounce my ideas off of themselves and eventually settled in one that would be useful to our school and that I could apply to my grade level. They went through each topic and went through how each of those programs ran, and what really was the most beneficial for me to do that would relate and give some light to a much needed situation on our campus. They really didn’t bump heads on the final decision on what I should do my action research project on, so after weighting in on the pros and cons, we decided on the parental involvement topic. 

My question will be What politics and procedures are in place that facilitates communication from school to home? 

I am motivated and anxious to get started on this, and can only hope that this motivation and excitement continues to follow me through this research adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment